Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sailing In Stockholm ~ A Swedish Summer ~


Living a day with the most perfect weather in Europe is refreshing and invigorating. Stockholm is my choice of the month as it brought me new dimensions of energy, fun and fulfillment.

ENERGY


The 5 hour and 50 minute flight from Doha to Stockholm that departed at 1 am in the morning not to include rewinding 2 hours from the aforementioned to be counted as reporting and briefing time prior to the operation of flight and forwarding 2 more hours to finish the checks we normally do in the aircraft plus the travel time to our abode was nothing for the crew and I. As we arrived at 9 am in the hotel, it took us 1 hour to unpack and dress up as we rushed out to the capital of Sweden. Due to my excitement and anticipation, I skipped sleep and rest using up to depletion my stored power and drive to roam the magnificent city. Gamla Stan, as it is known, the old City was the heart of numerous sights and wonders.

FUN

The colors were just simply irresistible as we were strolling and taking pictures of anything and everything that catch a human's eye. The first thing we saw was the City hall, then the Parliament, followed by the Royal Palace, across was the river view, opposite where parks, and shopping street, and so it goes. Lunch came and my heart was still raising though were able to see a lot. My friends and I ate lunch at 360 degrees hotel restaurant for we have 50% discount. We guessed it was the best option already. I had a satisfying Rigatoni ala Salmon and a draft beer. Yes! What I got made me survive throughout the day, but not until evening. When I decided to go back after our final stop at the grocery, I was very tired at 5 pm in the afternoon, but still the sun was at its highest. I was immediately brought into a nap upon reaching my bed.

FULFILLMENT

I got a phone call and I woke up feeling brand new. Possessing the spirit to explore once more, at 6 pm, I went out for an hour's walk. Instead of going to the gym as planned, I exercised and inhaled the fresh air outside taking adventurous routes, the ones I barely noticed from the map, and asking tourists to take my picture. It was an addiction. I was selfish... I wanted to enjoy

the city on my own. Savoring the bright night, I felt my heart skipped for joy. I strolled by the rivers and the park listening to the music around and witnessing families, lovers and friends together embracing life with pure gladness. A sigh of relief escaped me. I was never happy and contented like this. I smiled to myself capturing the moment in my mind. I was unstoppable because I know it would not last, yet at that particular period what I felt was incredible.



The independence and spontaneity of life - two things I cherished - will be carried along in my future journeys. Reaching back at the hotel, I went to the sauna to relax before I called it a day. Until then, Stockholm! ::)))






2 comments:

  1. Hi Rosanne! Nice blog you have here, I'll add up your link sa blog ko ah.. Mine's http://starvillanueva.wordpress.com See yah around... =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. star! nice to know ur link sa blog mo..its my frst tym to do this and i just wana exercise my mind once in awyl..thanks 4 d generosity of adding me to urs..il keep myself posted on wats in and wats not thru this..take care! hope to see u soon!muah! xx

    ReplyDelete